Are you considering moving your family to Fort Lauderdale? If that’s the case, you’re making a fantastic decision since many others regard this section of South Florida as an ideal location for families. When it comes to determining which areas are the greatest for families, not all neighborhoods are equal. Here are 10 best neighborhoods in fort lauderdale for families that locals adore.
- Downtown Fort Lauderdale: If you are looking for luxury within an urban atmosphere, then Downtown Fort Lauderdale is where you want to be. Construction cranes scatter the downtown skyline. Over the past ten years, Downtown Fort Lauderdale has morphed into a thriving, energetic city with something to offer for everyone. Fort Lauderdale’s downtown remained quiet, while big changes transformed Miami’s and West Palm Beach’s once-dismal areas. Presently, Downtown Fort Lauderdale is one of the fastest growing downtown developments in the United States. There are plenty of things to do downtown, including shopping, dining, and entertainment options. It is centrally located and close to all major highways, making getting around town a breeze. Downtown is home to some of the best schools in the city, so your children will be getting an excellent education.
- Las Olas Isles: Las Olas Isles is the place to be if you want the best of both worlds. Las Olas Isles is an exclusive collection of waterfront homes just south of Las Olas Boulevard. It includes the Isle of Capri and Mola Ave, Bontona Ave., Coconut Isle, Lido Dr. San Marco Dr. Coral Way, Royal Plaza Dr. and the Isle of Palms. The neighborhood is known for its deep water dockage, wide canals and distinctive luxury estate homes. It also has easy access to Fort Lauderdale Beach. You can also walk to many restaurants, shops and other services along Las Olas Boulevard. These neighborhoods are perfect places for retirees, but not only because they have great features. People come here to enjoy the convenience of easy living. This includes top-notch medical organizations like Melanoma Institute (MD Anderson affiliate), excellent shopping options, and beautiful parks like Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, perfect for family walks or picnics.
- Harbor Beach: Developed in the early 1950’s, Harbor Beach is an exclusive luxury community with over 400 homes. The gated community is only steps from Fort Lauderdale Beach. It is also close to Las Olas Boulevard and Downtown Fort Lauderdale. This community’s homes share wide canals allowing boaters and yacht owners ample dockage and water-frontage to accommodate larger boats. Home prices range from $2.5 million to more than $10 million.
- Coral Ridge: Coral Ridge is another popular waterfront community with plenty of amenities for the entire family. The neighborhood is well-known for its excellent schools, including Bayview Elementary School, recently designated a National Blue Ribbon School. Coral Ridge offers many parks and recreation opportunities and easy access to the beaches. It also has many great restaurants and shopping opportunities. Coral Ridge County Club is a private country club within the community offering the entire family golf, tennis, fitness, and swimming facilities. Coral Ridge is a beautiful place to call home.
- Victoria Park: Victoria Park is one of Fort Lauderdale’s most desirable neighborhoods. It is close to downtown, tucked away in a peaceful and quiet setting. The homes are well-maintained, and the yards are lush and green. The streets are lined with mature trees, and a park is in the center of the community. The residents of Victoria Park are friendly and welcoming. The community has plenty of amenities, including a pool, tennis courts, and a clubhouse. The schools in Victoria Park are some of the best in the city. If you’re looking for a great place to live with plenty of amenities and easy access to downtown Fort Lauderdale, look no further than Victoria Park!
- Croissant Park: Croissant Park is a tight-knit community with a small-town feel, despite being just minutes from the hustle and bustle of downtown Fort Lauderdale. The neighborhood is home to a diverse mix of people, including young families, retirees, and professionals. Croissant Park has a variety of amenities to offer residents, including a playground, basketball court, and picnic area. The community is also close to shopping, dining, and entertainment options. For those looking for a serene place to call home, Croissant Park is the perfect place to be.
- Las Olas: Situated on the Intracoastal Waterway, Las Olas is one of the most popular neighborhoods in Fort Lauderdale. The tree-lined streets are home to an array of boutique shops, restaurants, and galleries, and the area is a popular destination for locals and visitors. Las Olas is also home to several annual festivals and events, including the Las Olas Art Fair and the Las Olas Food & Wine Festival. Despite its popularity, Las Olas retains a sense of community and charm. Whether you’re strolling down the street or enjoying a meal at one of the local restaurants, a warm and welcoming feeling makes Las Olas feel like home.
- Riverside Park: Riverside Park is a beautiful neighborhood located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The area is known for its lush green parks, tree-lined streets, and botanical gardens. Families moving to the area will find that Riverside Park is the perfect place to call home. The neighborhood is safe and family-friendly, with plenty of activities and amenities to keep everyone happy. There are several schools in the area, as well as a library, community center, and playgrounds. In addition, Riverside Park is located near downtown Fort Lauderdale, making it easy to enjoy all that the city has to offer. Families looking for a safe and welcoming community will find everything they need in Riverside Park.
- Tarpon River: Tarpon River is one of the most popular neighborhoods in Fort Lauderdale for families. The community is close to top-rated schools, great shopping, and plenty of parks and recreation options. Tarpon River is also just a short drive from some of the best beaches in Florida. The neighborhood is home to a variety of different housing options, ranging from apartments to single-family homes. Prices in Tarpon River are relatively affordable, making it a great option for families on a budget. Overall, Tarpon River is an excellent choice for families looking for a safe and affordable place to live in Fort Lauderdale.
- Rio Vista: Rio Vista is one of the most sought-after neighborhoods in South Florida, and it’s easy to see why. The tree-lined streets are picturesque, and the homes are beautifully maintained. The residents are friendly and welcoming and have a strong sense of community. Rio Vista is also conveniently located close to shopping, dining, and entertainment. If you’re looking for a safe and friendly neighborhood that feels like home, Rio Vista is the perfect place for you. Come see what all the fuss is about! You won’t be disappointed.
Fort Lauderdale is quickly becoming the number one destination for families all over the country. With its sunny weather, beautiful beaches, and a plethora of family-friendly activities, it is no wonder that so many families are choosing to live here. There is something for everyone in Fort Lauderdale. Kids will love visiting the Museum of Discovery and Science or taking a boat tour of the Everglades. Adults can enjoy shopping at the upscale boutiques on Las Olas Boulevard or exploring the historic homes in the Crossaint Park neighborhood. There is truly something for everyone in Fort Lauderdale. So if you are looking for a fun and affordable family vacation spot, look no further than Fort Lauderdale. You and your loved ones are sure to create lasting memories here.